Saturday, January 22, 2011

But wait...didn't so many rush to the rescue?

Haiti: The Shattered Year- A NYtimes Powerpoint video journal 

I thought I would begin with an informal posting prior to lecture and discussion reflection. I have read a couple of articles on the former dictator, Jean-Claude Duvalier's return to the island country and of course his decision to return seems a bit strange. But I wonder... isn't history filled with redemption and changes of heart?

The imagery in the above link is a powerful story. I am curious if discussion will lead toward the importance of developing meaningful relationships with people worldwide. When people come together to support each other in crisis, hopefully the work will foster relationships that positively effect other global issues, challenges and opportunities.

No comments:

Post a Comment